|The Queen Anne style of the late 19th century is known for hand-crafted gables and clapboards.|
A local builder, M. E. Johnson, constructed Hennessey House. The architect is unknown. The Stick and Eastlake influences are evident in the two-story front bay window with its bracketed and shingled cornice and a decorative projecting gable and pierced bargeboard. A side slanted bay has slender colonettes and an elaborate scrolled and pierced bracketed cornice. The siding is shiplap. About 1901 the curved front porch was added. The concrete front steps with urns appear to be later additions. Inside, we believe that the outstanding stamped-tin hand-painted dining room ceiling was installed in the early 1900's. Originally the carriage house was directly behind the Queen Anne Victorian. It was moved to its present location in 1985 to accommodate the garden and parking facilities.